FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Terms of Business:
ORDERING, SHIPPING AND RETURNS POLICY:
HOW TO BUY FROM US:
- Visit us in store at 110 Garden Avenue, North Vancouver [Click here for google map]
- Visit us at any of the Trade Shows that we attend
- Order Online
- Order by phone
- Shopping on our website is available 24/7
- Search by browsing our product categories and subcategories, select your purchases and place them in the shopping cart.
- Review your order before finalizing payment.
- Call us from anywhere in Canada Monday to Friday between 10:00 am and 18:00 pm Pacific Standard time to place your order with our knowledgeable staff members.
- Please have this information ready when you call:
- Your Name, phone number, and email address.
- Your business account name (For wholesale only). Don’t have a business account set up yet? You can apply online by emailing us at email@example.com using "application form request" in the subject line.
- Your credit card number. We accept Visa and Mastercard. For your security, we require verification of your credit card number, billing address and CVV code with every order.
- The order # (stock number) of each item.
- Please review your order before submitting! Once you place your order, we work on shipping it right away which means we are rarely able to edit your order in any way.
- Items that require special handling or customizing are not available for online purchases at this time.
- All special orders have to be prepaid and will be treated as a FINAL SALE.
- We DO NOT accept or process returns on any special ordered items.
- Have any questions about placing a special order? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- In order to apply for a wholesale account with Capilano Rock & Gem, please email us at email@example.com and we will respond within 2 business days with an application form.
- Once approved for wholesale status, you will be asked to register for an online account and your status will be changed.
- To view our wholesale pricing, you must be logged into your online account after gaining wholesale status.
- Store address, Click here for Google Map
- Phone: (604) 987-5311 Fax: (604)987-5303
- firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
- hours of operation:
Monday to Friday: 10:00am - 18:00pm PST
Saturday Sunday & Holidays: Closed
- TEMPORARY: while normally we would be open 10:00am - 17:00pm PST/PDT during the current health emergency we are closing Saturdays. As conditions improve we intend to resume our normal hours
- Sales are in Canadian Dollars only.
- Purchases from this website may be made with Visa, MasterCard, and phone orders can also be sent via COD Mail
- Please note – the COD option is NOT available for online purchasing.
- All orders must be accompanied by customer name, mailing address, billing address, and telephone number.
- All online transactions are handled with industry-standard SSL encryption.
- When you enter your credit card number into the order form, it is transmitted across the Internet in an encrypted (scrambled) form, then decoded when it gets to us.
- CNN reports that, "The prevalent opinion...is that online credit card use is actually no riskier for consumers than traditional 'low-tech' transactions".
- Shipping costs are added to all orders.
- Insurance is added to the shipping charges for all orders over $100.00
- Additional insurance is available. For rates, click here:
- Customer is responsible for freight charges on refused & undeliverable orders.
- COD as a payment option is NOT available through our e-commerce store.
- Please call our store at 1(604) 987-5311 during office hours if you wish to place a COD order.
- All COD orders must be paid for in cash when you receive your shipment.
- We ship COD to Canadian destinations via Canada Post.
- Shipments within Canada are sent via Canada Post pre-paid Xpress Post service, Priority Courier or Expedited Post ground service for heavy parcels.
- At the moment, owing to circumstances beyond our control, we are unable to guarantee Priority service shipping. For more information, please contact our store at 1 (604) 987-5311.
- Third party shipments are available. Please coordinate shipment pick-up with our sales assistants before calling the courier of your choice. Your courier must present us with a waybill upon collecting the shipment.
- We do our best to insure that shipments leave here in perfect condition
- If you wish you may add additional insurance, you may consult the Canada Post website here
- If a shipment has been damaged or opened within transit, the onus is on the customer to contact the carrier immediately to file a claim.
- Canada post requires that notification within 10 days after receipt of the merchandise to establish a claim.
- Retain all cartons and packaging materials until after an inspection of the damaged shipment has been made.
- Please contact us immediately if there is a problem with your order. You may call our store at (604) 987-5311 Monday to Friday from 10:00 am to 18:00 pm Pacific Standard Time, or email us at Orders@Capilanorock.ca
- Shortage Claims must be made within two days after receipt of shipment.
- Please contact a sales representative at Capilano Rock and Gem for a Return Authorization before you ship. Returns without an Authorization and the original packaging will be refused.
- You can track your shipment here.
- At present our online store ships only in Canada
- For mail orders to the United States, please contact the store at 1(604) 987-5311 during business hours.
- Capilano Rock and Gem uses Canada Post as our shipping provider
- We adhere to the rules and regulations as stipulated by Canada Post pertaining to the shipping of dangerous goods. You may consult their list of materials that are deemed not safe to ship here.
- It is possible to courier hazardous materials via third party shipments – please consult with a Capilano Rock and Gems Sales Associate before calling your courier.
- A Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) is available free for all of our products that carry one. We are currently working on making all MSDS information for the products we carry available for your online perusal. Stay tuned.
- You will not be billed for items that are backordered from our supplier.
- Items not received on your orders are NOT on back order.
- If you would like to check availability of an item before placing your order, please call the store during business hours.
- If you would like us to substitute please let us know exactly what to substitute for what.
- At Capilano Rock & Gem our primary goal is customer satisfaction.
- If you are not satisfied with a product, and it falls within our list of what we accept as returns, we will accept it back for a full refund within 30 days of invoice date, provided it has not been used or damaged, and all contents are in their original packaging. All returns must be accompanied by the original invoice.
- Please contact a sales representative at Capilano Rock and Gem for a Return Authorization. Returns without an Authorization and the original packaging will be refused.
- You may email a request for returning products to returns@Capilanorock.ca
- All Shipping costs and insurance for Returns are the customer’s responsibility.
- Defective products can be returned for exchange within 30 days from date of purchase provided an Authorization has been given.
- ITEMS THAT WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR RETURN:
- Sale items
- Special Order items
- Metal Wire
- Metal Sheet
- Facetted Setting Stones
- All Stringing material and cord (including but not limited to: Beadalon, Soft Flex, Nymo thread, leather, waxed cotton, rattail, suede, silk thread, hemp cord, sinew)
- French wire
- Unfinished chain
- Restrung strands of beads
- Used products
- Partial products
- Items that have been authorized for return shipment may be shipped to:
Capilano Rock & Gem
110 Garden Ave
North Vancouver, BC V7P 3H2WARRANTIES
- All warranties, expressed or implied, lie with the manufacturer of the product.
- All prices quoted are exclusive of HST / GST / PST .
- HST/ GST / PST will be charged as applicable on all orders unless the appropriate tax exemption information is on file.
- Do you sell individual beads?
No, we do not sell individual beads. If you are looking for individual pieces, consider our excellent variety of gemstone pendants to add as a focal piece to your beaded pieces.
- Do you sell half strands of beads?
No, we do not sell half-strands of beads.
- How long are your strands?
Our strands of beads vary in length from 5 inches to 18 inches. The average is 8 inches to 16 inches. We also carry chip beads in 36” lengths.
- How are your products measured?
We measure our strands of beads using their width by their length. The width is the widest part of the bead across the strand and the length is the distance the bead is along the strand. We understand the importance of including the sizes of the beads and are working on making accurate online sizing available. Please note that there are many variations in size, especially with hand drilled beads so there will be some inconsistencies. Please contact us if specific sizing is essential to your design.
- How many beads are on your strands?
The number of beads on a strand varies depending on the size of the beads. There are also variations in size when beads are hand cut and drilled. Round beads are more consistent, although some variations should be expected.
Typically there are 133 beads on a 16 inch strand of 3mm round beads
48 beads in a 16 inch strand of 8mm round beads
40 beads in a 16 inch strand of 10mm round beads
- Are your stones natural?
The majority of the stones that we offer for sale are natural. We do sell some manmade stones as well, most notably, Cubic Zirconia, Goldstone, and lab created Rubies and Sapphires.
- Are your stones treated?
Most gems on the market today are treated in order to improve appearance. Treatment processes can consist of heat, irradiation, dyeing, oiling, or other processes. Detection of these treatments may be easy to nearly impossible. We do our best to disclose all processes known to us at the time of selling. The Gemmological Institute of America has an excellent introductory article on the processes involved in treating gemstones, and the link can be viewed here. The American Gemstone Traders Association brochure regarding the treatment processes for gemstones is even more comprehensive and can be viewed here.
Are your fresh-water pearls natural?
Cultured freshwater pearls are pearls that are farmed and created using freshwater mussels. These pearls are produced in Japan and the United States on a limited scale, but are now almost exclusively produced in China. Jewellerytechnology.com describes some of the major treatment processes for pearls here.
What quantities are your beads and findings sold in?
We sell our beads and findings in the quantities as stated in our online store. While we do not sell partial quantities of
any of our products, there are some products available in different size packages10. When I create a new account or when I finish an order it says “Invalid CAPTCHA”, “CAPTCHA outdated” or “reCAPTCHA failed”. Is there a problem?
reCAPTCHA version 1 was discontinued before April 1st 2018 and only version 2 will now work. We have upgraded our web-pages here but there is a problem in how web-pages “cache” on your local computer.
In order to speed up your web browser, browsers are designed to download a copy of the web pages you visit and store them in a folder on your computer's hard drive named "cache". Your web browser cache keeps this copy of thee pages and scripts used so that when you return to that page again it loads the page from cache instead of you having to wait for the entire page to stream off the internet, to you, a second time.
To order your computer to bypass the cache and reload an entire page and its scripts you only need to do a “forced reload”, which is a simple enough process.
All you need to do is:
Macintosh: Press "Command + Shift + R"
The new load of the page should include all files and scripts refreshed, including the new reCAPTCHA version so you can complete what you were doing.
|DISCLAIMER: Capilano Rock and Gem and our team make every effort to ensure accuracy on prices, descriptions, and other information on all our price lists and web pages. However as many prices and items are continually changing Capilano Rock & Gem has the right to change prices at any time. We are not responsible for typographical errors.|